Sunday, October 10, 2010

If want higher taxes...pay them.

Articles like this absolutely drive me insane. If you are "rich" and want to pay more taxes, you can voluntarily send a gift to the US Government any time you like. You can do it here:

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782

The are willing to take unconditional gifts by check or money order.

I would love to know how many of these folks will actually follow through and give their extra little bit to the government? My guess is very few.

Personally, I would rather wealthly people keep their money. Most wealthy folks got that way because they provided goods or serives that others valued. This in turn created jobs and economic activity that benefited society. Giving more money to the Government will only go to make the leviathan even bigger. But it will allow the for spending millions on horse bridges, toad crossings, and social programs that have done nothing to alleviate poverty since the Johnson administration.

But if you are wealthy and just to throw your money in the money pit, feel free to use the address above. As for me, I think I can spend it better than Uncle Sam.

No comments: