Thursday, August 28, 2008

What's The Matter With Alaska?

How can Alaskan realistically vote for Sen. Stevens by such a wide margin when there are six other primary alternatives? This guys is a crooked as they come in politics.

From the NYT.

What is even more alarming than Sen. Stevens being on trial is the fact their one of their Representatives, a Democrat, is also under investigation.

I guess it is true that those who rob Peter to pay Paul always get Paul's support. I think I have a new tag line for Alaska....Clean Air, Dirty Politics.

Yet Mr. Stevens, who has long asserted that he alone has the seniority and effectiveness to keep projects coming to Alaska, is not expected to go down easily.

“We’ve got enough Democrats down there already,” Mr. Stevens said in a sometimes combative interview on KTUU television late Tuesday. “If we give them 60 votes, Alaska will never win anything again. I’m in this race to win, and I’m going to win.”

No comments: