Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hate Mail

I got my first hate mail last week regarding my letter to the editor that was published by the Wichita Eagle (see Wind Energy a few weeks ago). At first I was shocked, then honored that someone actually cared to write a letter. I did write the gentlmen a nice, 2-page, typed letter in return.

Here is his letter....

To XXXX XXXXX,

There will, all the time, be people like you who will refuse to do anything to help society. The is not just about you, and your self-centered ignorance. This is for future generations. You lack integrity.

Sincerely,

Thomas J Zach
316-265-5625

(he provided the number)

By the way, the Eagle left out a couple key points that does make me sound a little rough around the edges. However, I did not mislead anyone so his integrity comment is uncalled for. Everyone that knows me has a good idea that I am only modestly self-centered, so maybe he is right. He did fail to tell me how wind power helps society by causing electric rates to be 3-4 times as high as coal power. Maybe he can explain that to people that give up food for heat this winter?

If you want my return letter, post a comment. I might throw it in there for fun.

No comments: